Sunday, March 16, 2008

Kite

Kite

The foggy winter afternoon was slowly absorbing me with its tantalizing effect. Every inch of me was engrossing with desire to sneakily envelop into the warm puff blanket. The after noon siesta seems stretched for one more hour .I looked into the wall clock with half opened eyes.

‘Ah…it seems quarter to four. I must wake up now.’ I thought. I felt very disgusted. ‘What sort of life we are leading .You can’t sleep one more hour. You can’t wake up early. You can’t talk too much in the night .You can’t sleep for long hours in the morning. You can’t prepare what you wanted to eat every day. Every thing, every bit of life is just calculated steps. Don’t say anything just put a masking tape and keep on doing as per the demand of the moment. No emotion, no thinking no lazing out but still you are there at home through out day!!!

I stretched out my hands out of the floppy blanket but felt like sleeping a few minutes more.

“A cup of tea….yes I need a cup of tea to recharge my body.” I thought. I woke up and with lazy steps went to the kitchen. Suddenly my heart got saddened. The thought that was screeching in my heart started occupying me. I looked in an empty look to the flames of the gas stove.

While pouring the tea drops of tear started tickling in my eyes. I smiled with my childish thoughts. The flavor of the hot tea started its relaxing effect on me.

The amber red winter afternoon looked quite lonely to me. I looked at that park intensely. The green lawn was just mowed. The smooth evenly look spreads with its grassy green hue. In the solitary park a little boy was standing just in the middle with a kite in one hand and a spool of thread in the other. He looked here and there .The rays of sun were just falling from the back. With that ray his spiky hair looked like a bush of golden cactus .Small droplets of sweat oozing from the side of his hair. His yellow T-shirt was neatly put inside the sky blue jeans .He was wearing a pair of sports shoes, which was giving him a cute look.

He again looked here and there and knelt down on the green lawn bed. The blue red white yellow squared kite lying on the grass. Three threads coming from three sides joined into one leading to a single thread. He was trying to put a knot on that single thread to attach it into the main spool of thread. He wiped his sweat in an asymmetric rhythm of his hand and again started to tie the knot.

It was quite difficult for him to tie that. Sometimes the thread slipped from his hand, sometimes the knot tied in a wrong way . I could see his struggling. For a moment I thought I must go and help him. But then I refrained. He tried.

Finally he could tie the knot. I was quite amused by the way he was struggling. The chilled air which making the kite fly for a moment, but the knot seemed to be loosen up itself time and again.

He checked that knot, and then started flying the kite. He left a few thread from the spool and started running. The kite fell down. He again left a few thread and started running. Still the kite fell back. He was quite disgusted. He looked at the kite in a bad temper but couldn’t leave that. He again looked here and there may be for help. But found nobody.

He knelt down again putting a finger in his lips and thought. He ran around the park .Then left a small length of thread .Then with that small thread from the spool he started running. He ran quite speedily. He covered almost three quarter of the park . And finally he got the stream of wind blowing which lifted his kite to a particular height. The kite started flying high and high taking the tread from the spool. Within no time the kite became small point in that Amber sky and I looked at it in a quite bemused look.

I smiled and looked at the kite, which was flying freely in the air still its string attached to that spool. Suddenly I felt quite light just like that kite, softly gliding in the air in my own open sky. I felt I got my answer.

No comments: